Overview of Skills and Accomplishments
- Creator and author of a popular and successful blog, Dance Advantage which provides information and resources for dance students, parents, and teachers.
- Freelance dance writer whose work has been featured in dance publications and content-based sites on the web.
- Versatile dance teacher with over 16 years of experience teaching (preschool aged children through adults). Capable of instructing all levels of ability in Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Composition, Creative Dance, Lyrical, Musical Theatre, and Tap Dance, with a particular talent for working with beginners.
- Seasoned performer, whose investment (since childhood) in additional skills, including acting, singing, and choreography adds a dramatic flare to her work as a contemporary dance artist.
- Resourceful and skillful choreographer of contemporary dance works, musical theatre, and educational/recital performances.
- Presented the whats, hows, and whys of blogging on a panel at the 2012 conference for Dance/USA, the national service organization for professional dance, to better equip artists and companies for engaging their audience and new readers through online communications and content.
- Performed at Houston’s Wortham Center with Suchu Dance at the 2009 Dance/USA conference.
- Hired as adjunct instructor in the dance department of Penn State University (Altoona campus) and a valued teacher within several private studios and recreational programs.
- Chosen for leadership roles by peers, teachers, and directors throughout high school and professional life because of organizational strengths, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Presented choreography performed by Penn State students at the Northeast Regional ACDFA festival in 2002 and choreographed and performed a contemporary piece titled, Induction at the 1999 PSAHPERD Conference as a student representative of Slippery Rock University.
- Chosen by professor Nola Nolen, as one of six dance majors to collaborate on a submission for the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR 99), which involved researching and submitting abstracts for publication and presenting the results of the choreographic research conducted for this project.
- Selected to perform choreography by Nola Nolen in Asheville, NC with an ensemble of dancers from Slippery Rock University for a concert benefiting the Shawn Kirschbaum Memorial Fund.
- Recognized as Outstanding Dance Major of 1998-99 by the Department of Dance at Slippery Rock University and the National Dance Association.